Ensure third party compliance and vendor risk management with Healthcare Compliance Software
In January 2013, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued new HIPAA Omnibus regulations that strengthened the privacy and security protections established under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
The new and revised regulations have wide-ranging implications for covered entities and business associates. To limit liability and mitigate risk, covered entities must actively monitor the compliance status of their business associates, including any downstream subcontractors. This is a tedious and burdensome management and oversight task, requiring better data and systems.
The shear volume of vendors makes it extremely difficult for healthcare stakeholders to have good vendor risk management and oversight.
VendorShield allows healthcare organizations to more easily and effectively mitigate vendor risk and achieve proactive compliance
VendorShield helps healthcare organizations proactively manage and monitor the overall HIPAA security, risk and compliance status of their business associates and their subcontractors.
- A unified framework, data stream, and secured communication channel for healthcare organizations to have total oversight of all aspects of HIPAA
- Leads compliance certification of business associates
- Continuously monitors and tracks breaches and alerts associated with business associates and vendors
- Ability to escalate and monitor corrective action
- Access to real-time dashboard and reports
- Simple implementation: Just activate the web-based solution and invite business associates, vendors, and subcontractors to provide proof of compliance and audit feedback.